Cusabo Nation Lacrosse
Learn it, Live It, Give It
We are a parent led, non profit organization that believes in our youth and our community. Our children are our future leaders. We see lacrosse as a fun way to teach the lessons of the creator’s game:
Discipline, Unselfishness, and Teamwork
For the Greater Charleston Tri-County Area:
1. Expand Awareness and Opportunities to play lacrosse.
2. Increase diversity of players and affordability.
3. Assist in providing excellent facilities, fields, and instruction.
We assist the City of Charleston, adjoining townships, local area schools, coaches, and referees for the development of the City of Charleston Recreation Spring Lacrosse League and to grow the overall sport. We also coordinate clinics, camps, Local Play leagues, and travel team opportunities for players that desire to make the commitment beyond the City Recreational league.
Our Parent Led, Leadership Committees focus on:
- The Cusabo Scholars after school mentor program for Urban Charleston students
- Steady exposure of the game to local elementary Charleston Schools students
- Attracting and Certifying our coaching staff and volunteers
- Assisting in Team Management and Events
- Fund Raising for:
- Improving our fields & equipment
- Increasing access and affordability
- Improving Instruction
Our focus is always on the solid fundamentals of the game. We oversee and ensure high quality coaching around the three building blocks of great lacrosse: individual player skills, position skills, and teamwork skills. Our Annual offering is focused on the following:
- Spring Rec League with the City of Charleston Recreation Department (CCRD)
- Summer and Fall Local Play Leagues
- Summer and Fall Regional Tournament Team Opportunities
- Connecting players to Clinics, Camps, and Private instruction